December 2015: Greetings from ASHE!

GREETINGS FROM ASHE!
The 2015 ASHE Conference took place from November 4-7 in Denver, Colorado. Dr. Kelchen presented at the conference and shared the following about the overall experience:

I enjoyed being at ASHE again this year, both to be on a panel and to see many of my friends and colleagues from around the country. I was fortunate to be on a panel on whether higher education is a public or private good with two esteemed senior faculty (James Hearn at Georgia and Don Heller at Michigan State) and a rising star (Constance Iloh of UC-Irvine), moderated by Eric Kelderman of the Chronicle of Higher Education. I attended some great sessions, several of which mentioned Dr. Chen’s great work on financial aid and college persistence. On the fun side, I did the annual ASHE Dash 5K run, which had an additional degree of difficulty with cold weather and the altitude in Denver.

I highly recommend that students go to a national conference in their area of interest. ASHE and AERA are of interest for most students, but smaller conferences like AEFP, NASPA, NAFSA, and NASFAA are also great opportunities to network and present in more intimate settings. Let us know if you’re thinking about submitting to a conference and we can help you out along the way!