Get the program brochure!
Government, industry and many other institutions use data analytics to further their goals. Need for data analysis and visualizations are growing rapidly because more and more institutions collect and analyze ever increasing amounts of data, such as:
- Governments want to preserve homeland security and, therefore, study data on the activities of terrorist groups.
- Health and public administrators want to deliver health care efficiently to patients for whom they analyze data on patients’ needs and the cost of health care.
- Marketing analysts study online social networks to provide the foundations for new marketing campaigns.
- Financial analysts want to understand the relationships among different stock prices and economic indicators.
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science and the Department of Psychology offer graduate and undergraduate certificate programs in data analytics. This discipline trains students to communicate information clearly and effectively through graphic depictions that stimulate and encourage viewer engagement. The students learn how to use statistics and machine learning to analyze complex data and to communicate insights in an attractive and vivid design format.
- Graduate Certificate Program
- Undergraduate Certificate Program
- Information for Employers
- Facebook group
Dr. Manfred Minimair, Program Director, Associate Professor, Seton Hall University, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, South Orange, NJ 07079. Office: Science Center 122: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (973) 761-9466 , FAX: (973) 761-9772
Secretary: Melissa Kohlman. Office: Science Center 116. E-mail: email@example.com, Tel: (973) 761-9466 , FAX: (973) 761-9772