Three Minute Leadership – Where the Acorns Are

To: The Great Leaders Who Have a Passion for Continuous Learning

In a recent article, Where the Acorns Are, Philip Humbert, sitting in the peace and comfort of his deck under a clear blue sky, lists the national and international realities of the world around us and says:  “I don’t know what kind of day it is.”  He quotes Anaïs Nin: “We don’t see life as it is, we see life as we are.” That is a joyful point… it is our life, and we are responsible for its quality. We don’t want to waste it. We don’t want to procrastinate.

“… in each of us there is this thing, this spirit, that longs to fly. It may be a ‘still, small voice’ that calls to us, or it may be a yearning in the breast, or a dream in the early morning hours. Like a kid, it wants what it wants. Listen to that voice! That squirrel in my Oaks doesn’t know how high he is or that he should be very, very afraid. He goes for the acorns! …. I’m recommitting to be more of a squirrel, to go out to the very tips of the branches, where the fat, succulent acorns are. And what I feast I shall have!”

I invite you to go where the acorns are.  Seize and hold every beautiful moment.  Fill them with joy, happiness caring and love.  As Humbert reminds us, we are responsible for the quality of our life.  Let’s enjoy life to its fullest… where the acorns are. Life is so very good.

Have a beautiful day and a magnificent week!!!

Mike