Three Minute Leadership: The Magic of Imagination

To:  The Great Leaders Who Have a Passion for Continuous Learning

Albert Einstein wrote: “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand…. Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” So often people are heard to say: I will do my best!  That is laudable, and also limiting. It betrays possibilities.  One’s ‘best’ is only what they know… the culmination of their experiences and learning. Yet, there is so much more that is yet to be known, to be dreamed and imagined.

Imagination is the great leaders’ magic.  Current realities, once dreams, are transformed by the magic of imagination. Barriers and limits disappear with its sorcery. It brings enchantment and joy, a childishness that has no bounds.  Sun Tzu, author The Art of War, wrote: “Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?” Stephen Covey tells us: “Live out of your imagination, and not your history.” And   Henry David Thoreau’s gentle counsel to us is: “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.”

Fill your life with wondrous dreams that expand your world. Imagination… a magical and treasured key to knowing what we don’t know. As Antoine de Saint-Exupery wrote: A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.”

Have a beautiful day and a magnificent week!!!

Mike