Completion of this form is required for all students who are internship candidates.
I understand and agree to the following:
- I agree to abide by the University’s Code of Conduct.
- I will conduct a professional and ethical search, which includes following through on all interviews that I have accepted, adhering to a professional dress code and exhibiting professional behavior.
- In the event that I am unable to attend an interview, I will notify the employer and my Career Advisor at TCC at least 24 hours in advance.
- I understand that a no-show for an interview can jeopardize my student privileges to all Career Center-sponsored campus recruiting programs.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to provide accurate and honest information in all dealings with TCC and employer organizations, including information that is reflected on my resume or addressed during the interview process.
- I understand that accepting an Internship or professional position is a commitment to the employer, and I will immediately withdraw my candidacy from other active search processes.
- I will adhere to the ethical, academic and professional expectations established by the University, TCC and the hiring organization.
- I agree to notify TCC of an acceptance of an Internship.
- I understand that the dean of my college/school will be notified of any infractions to the above which may result in suspension of Career Center privileges.
I further understand and agree to the following
- I have discussed the details and requirements of both credit-bearing and non-credit Internships with a Career Advisor at TCC.
- I understand that an approved internship must be a minimum of 15 hours per week for at least 10 consecutive weeks. The description must be approved by The Career Center or the academic department.
- I understand that if I choose to enroll in an Internship course, I must meet with my Intern faculty advisor and complete a Learning Agreement. I understand that I will be required to complete academic assignments for a credit-bearing internship.
- I understand that if I enroll in an Internship course, I will be billed for the credits in accordance with University policy.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to maintain contact and comply with all requests for information from TCC and Intern faculty advisor.
- I will immediately notify my Career Advisor of any changes that are made with regard to the job responsibilities, my supervisor or work hours.
- I understand that an Intern Reflection (completed by the student) are required for both credit and non-credit Internship experiences.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to learn and understand the rules and policies of each employer organization and agree to uphold them.
- I agree to refrain from conducting personal business during work hours utilizing employer’s resources.
- I agree to hold in professional confidence any information gained regarding the employer organization or its clients/customers.
- I understand that if I choose to enroll in an intern course it must be taken during the semester that the actual work experience takes place.
- I understand that to be eligible for an approved internship, I need to have completed 30 credits and maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher, (transfer students need to have completed at least one semester at Seton Hall University).
A copy of this information will be e-mailed to the address you have entered above.