March – May 2014 The TLT Center is please to present several 60-minute workshops focusing on tools and best practices for online and hybrid course design. If you are teaching, developing or thinking of designing a hybrid or online course, these workshops are for you! Workshops are held in the Computer Training Classroom, Walsh Library… Continue Reading »
Windows 8 Metro Tiles can be arranged into groups, and then the groups can be labeled, providing both organization and personalization of Tiles.
- Groups are divided by ‘white space’ between each set of tiles
- Pressing and holding a tile for a few seconds will display a check mark in the upper right corner. Drag the tile to the desired location
- When a tile is dropped over a group, it will be auto-aligned.
Labeling Tile Groups
- The two-finger pinch-in gesture will display all groups of tiles
- Pressing and holding a tile group for a few seconds will display a check mark in the upper right corner. Drag the tile group down and release to display the option bar at the bottom of the window.
- Select the Name group option and enter a description
- The name of the group will be displayed above the group.
- The two-finger spread gesture will return the zoom level to the standard view.
Metro Tile Groups (pdf)