As the end of the semester quickly approaches, it’s not too early to prepare your online courses for the spring semester!
Here is a list of tips to help you end this semester and prepare for the next:
Wrapping up this semester:
- Offer a non-graded, anonymous course survey (different from the institutional course evaluation– this is particularly helpful when updating or revising your course. Questions should focus around what went well in the course and ideas for improvement/ engagement. Students are the best people to tell you what worked and what didn’t.
- Archive the course so you have a record of student work and grades.
Preparing for next semester:
- Copy the course content to the spring shell
- Delete any discussion posts brought over from the course copy
- Update the course schedule and due dates for assignments
- Pull together frequently asked questions and update content based on those questions
- Check hyperlinks to ensure they work
- Update any readings or assignments based on student feedback
- Send a welcome email to the class at least a week before class starts with book and first assignment information. Also post this email as a course announcement.
Share your tips for getting your course ready in the comment section!