If you want to work with one of the most recognized “Corporate Logistics” departments in the world, we would suggest Sun Chemical Corporation. You will work directly with the Corporate Vice President of Global Logistics, a 45 year veteran of the logistics industry, on cost savings initiatives that go directly to the bottom line profitability of the company. Through your project assignments, you will be able to use your knowledge and skills to analyze transportation costs and develop logistics savings. This internship will result in fast paced exposure to all the functions of a Corporate Logistics Department.
Logistics Management Intern can expect to:
- Work in the Corporate Headquarters, as part of a small, but dynamic group, analyzing transportation costs via all modes of transportation and under the guidance of the VP of Global Logistics’, prepare cost savings initiatives to improve overall logistics costs.
- Be part of projects that will reduce transportation costs and/or improve service to our customers.
- Conduct data analysis and transportation agreements to select the right mode of transportation that optimizes transport costs while supplying the customers with the required service.
- Work directly with plants and branches to tackle challenging logistical issues
- Gain in depth exposure to logistics functions on a global basis by one of the most recognized leaders in the logistics field.
- To have completed the 1st year of your Masters Program
- Good team player with ability to work autonomously
- Strong analytical skills and solid communication skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, especially Excel and Access databases.
Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn.
Contact Dr Richard Green for details firstname.lastname@example.org