We are excited to invite you to attend one of our single-day workshops designed especially for small and medium sized nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations. We are proud to host this event in collaboration with the Center for Nonprofits, Rowan University, the Nonprofit Development Center of Southern New Jersey, and the IRS Office of Exempt Organizations.
DON’T MISS THE DATE:
– Wednesday, Sept 17 – Rowan University, Glassboro, NJ (South)
– Thursday, Sept. 18 – Seton Hall, South Orange, NJ (North)
8:300 AM to 4:30 PM (Breakfast & Lunch provided)
Topics in this workshop will include the “nuts and bolts” of federal tax-compliance for nonprofit organizations and give you a chance to speak one on one with IRS Tax Exempt representatives. Get your questions answered on the spot. Topics will cover:
- Introduction to Tax-Exempt Status: Benefits and responsibilities of tax-exempt status under 501(c)(3). Actions that may jeopardize tax-exempt status of an organization.
- Overview of the 990 Series — Resources and Tools: An overview of the form 990, 990-EZ and 990 N (e-postcard), including tips on record-keeping and answers to frequently-asked-questions. Includes presentation of resources and tools available to help file accurate, error-free returns.
- Required Disclosures: Overview of disclosures tax-exempt organizations are required to make.
- Employment Issues: Classification of workers and filing requirements for employees and independent contractors.
- Unrelated Business Income: The definition of unrelated business income, common examples, common exceptions and filing requirements. Includes a discussion on charitable giving.
The Live Link to register will be active soon. In the meanwhile please save the date into your calendar!
We want to hear from you! What topics are you most interested in? Is there any information we have not provided that you would like to have? Share with us your expectations for these workshops!