Cedar Grove – Saint Catherine of Siena

By | December 29, 2011

Cranford – Saint Michael

By | December 29, 2011

East Rutherford – Saint Joseph

By | December 29, 2011

Edgewater – Holy Rosary

By | December 29, 2011

For extensive information see:

Ruth Paci. Down by the River and Under the Cliff: The Story of the Church of the Holy Rosary and its Parishioners. 1994

Englewood – Saint Cecilia

By | December 22, 2011

Ho-Ho-Kus – Saint Luke

By | December 18, 2011

Linden – Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus

By | December 18, 2011

West New York – Saint Joseph of the Palisades

By | November 11, 2011

The church, designed in a Romanesque style, was constructed from the trap rock of the Palisades with white trimming from the Richfield Quarry. Originally an Irish and German parish, it now serves a mostly Latino population.

Oradell/New Milford – Saint Joseph

By | November 11, 2011

This church, in a modified Romanesque style, is constructed of red brick and Indiana limestone. The sanctuary walls feature variegated limestone. A singular feature of the church is that it literally is located in Oradell and in New Milford, as the building straddles the boundary line between these two towns.

Linden – Saint Elizabeth of Hungary

By | November 10, 2011

Since 1910 Saint Elizabeth of Hungary Parish has been served by the Benedictine Fathers. In 1952, the present Romanesque Revival brick and limestone replaced the earlier wooden church.