Archive For The “Hudson” Category

Bayonne – Saint Andrew

By | December 29, 2011

Read more »

Bayonne – Saint Mary Star of the Sea

By | December 29, 2011

Read more »

East Newark – Saint Anthony of Padua

By | December 29, 2011

Read more »

Harrison – Our Lady of Czestochowa

By | December 19, 2011

There is a slide show of the church at http://www.olczestochowa.com/

Read more »

Harrison – Holy Cross

By | December 19, 2011

Holy Cross Parish, originally St. Pius V parish, was established in 1865, and the name changed in 1886.

Read more »

North Bergen – Our Lady of Fatima

By | December 16, 2011

The Church of Our Lady of Fatima with its dramatic main window of brilliantly faceted glass facets depicting the vision of Our Lady of Fatima is a fine example of postmodern ecclesiastical architecture. Completed during the last year of the Second Vatican Council, the church exemplifies the period and the revisions of the liturgy. Its […]

Read more »

North Bergen – Saint Brigid

By | December 16, 2011

Read more »

West New York – Saint Joseph of the Palisades

By | November 11, 2011

The church, designed in a Romanesque style, was constructed from the trap rock of the Palisades with white trimming from the Richfield Quarry. Originally an Irish and German parish, it now serves a mostly Latino population.

Read more »

Harrison – Holy Cross

By | November 9, 2011

Founded in 1865 as Saint Pius Parish, the name was changed to Holy Cross in 1886. A large brownstone building, it was built with local stone in 1890.  

Read more »

Jersey City – Saint Patrick

By | November 8, 2011

The stately Gothic Victorian-style structure at the corner of Bramhall and Grand Street is St. Patrick’s R.C. Church. It is the largest church in Jersey City and the third largest in the Archdiocese of Newark in New Jersey. The church is not only known for its role in the community but also for the theater […]

Read more »