Archive For The “Bergen (A-G)” Category

Emerson – Assumption

By | December 22, 2011

Constructed of Pennsylvania mica stone, this postmodern church features a solid marble altar weighing in excess of seven tons. The main window features Our Lady of the Assumption. Other windows commemorate the Second Vatican Council, Our Lady of Guadalupe, and Saint Martin De Porres. The windows are of faceted glass by P. Millous of Chartres, […]

Read more »

Englewood – Saint Cecilia

By | December 22, 2011

Read more »

Fair Lawn – Saint Anne

By | December 21, 2011

The parish was served by the Franciscan Friars until 2005, when diocesan clergy replaced them. .

Read more »

Fairview – Saint John the Baptist

By | December 21, 2011

Read more »

Fort Lee – Church of the Madonna

By | December 21, 2011

Read more »

Franklin Lakes – Most Blessed Sacrament

By | December 21, 2011

The focal point of this striking postmodern church is a circular marble altar located in the center of the floor. A fan-shaped seating arrangement assures that everyone within its nine rows is no ore than 40 feet from the celebrant. The exposed brick walls, earth tone carpeting and wooden Stations of the Cross blend harmoniously. […]

Read more »

Garfield – Most Holy Name

By | December 21, 2011

Read more »

Garfield – Our Lady of Mount Virgin

By | December 21, 2011

Opened in 1927, the church was heavily damaged by fire in 1940. The rebuilt church retains the original facade reminiscent of St. John Lateran in Rome. The altars are of Bronzetto marble. For more photos see http://photo.net/photodb/presentation?presentation_id=153734

Read more »

Garfield – Saint Stanislaus Kostka

By | December 21, 2011

Read more »

Glen Rock – Saint Catherine

By | December 20, 2011

Read more »