date of establishment of St. Benedict’s Parish is 1854, but it was in 1863 that a resident pastor, Father Benno, arrived.
The parish was established to serve a growing German population. Today it serves a predominantly Portuguese population.
The Benedictine Fathers staffed the parish until 1970.
About The Building
- Romanesque Revival
- Saint Joseph, St. Benedict, Saint Placidus
- 1888 - New marble altar
Current Status: In use
Year Opened: 1882