The site for this delightful country church was donated by Mrs. Josephine M. Schweinler in memory of her husband, Charles. Mrs. Schweinler also donated the cost of the building. The design of the church was influenced by Mrs. Schweinler. The building is of frame construction, the outside walls and roof shingled.
Above the altar is a painting of the Holy Family by Frank Schwarz, described in the treatise “Il Tratatto” by Cenno Cennini.
The colors of the painting have been brought into the polychroming within the church.
About The Building
- Myers and Shanley
- Joseph Sanford Shanley
Notable Works of Art
- Painting of Holy Family Rood Screen Art Deco polychroming
Current Status: In use
Year Opened: 1932