St. Lucy’s Parish is the center for devotion to St. Gerard and houses the National Shrine of St. Gerard.
Set in a grand and spacious plaza, the Italian Renaissance facade is plain light brick, while the interior is splendidly decorated in Renaissance and Baroque motifs. Still maintaining its Italian heritage, the parish serves a growing Latino population.
The contractor was J. DiBiase and the construction was by W. H. Fissel and Co. The pews and vestment case were made by The Josephinum Church Furniture Company of Columbus, OH. Bernardini Statuary Co. fabricated the altar.
For excellent interior pictures see: http://www.ettc.net/njarts/details.cfm?ID=1383
For the fine parish website see:
About The Building
- Neil J. Convery
- Renaissance Revival
Notable Works of Art
- Shrine of St. Gerard
- Renovations over the years have focused on the restoration of the church and the original beauty of the edifice has been enhanced.
Current Status: In use
Year Opened: 1926