Allendale – Guardian Angel

By | April 19, 2012

West Orange – Saint Joseph

By | April 15, 2012

The site for this delightful country church was donated by Mrs. Josephine M. Schweinler in memory of her husband, Charles. Mrs. Schweinler also donated the cost of the building. The design of the church was influenced by Mrs. Schweinler. The building is of frame construction, the outside walls and roof shingled.

Above the altar is a painting of the Holy Family by Frank Schwarz, described in the treatise “Il Tratatto” by Cenno Cennini.

The colors of the painting have been brought into the polychroming within the church.

River Edge – Saint Peter the Apostle

By | January 22, 2012

Originally built as an “auditorium church” in 1952, Saint Peter’s has been transformed into a magnificent postmodern church building. Over the years there were a series of renovations but finally in 1999-2000, after an extensive renovation, a new church appeared. Anthony Genovese was the architect and designer of the “new” church that includes a new entrance and bell tower. Genovese incorporated many elements from previous renovations of the church.

For an excellent “church tour” that includes a liturgical, architectural, and theological explanation of this transformation, see http://www.saint-peter.org/tour_intro.htm

Rahway – Saint Mark

By | January 21, 2012

Paramus – Our Lady of the Visitation

By | January 21, 2012

Norwood – Immaculate Conception

By | January 21, 2012

Roseland – Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament

By | January 20, 2012

Demarest – Saint Joseph

By | December 29, 2011

For an excellent slide show of the church building see:

http://www.stjosephdemarest.com/photo1.htm

Garfield – Saint Stanislaus Kostka

By | December 21, 2011

Hackensack – Immaculate Conception (Saint Mary’s)

By | December 20, 2011