Roselle Park – Assumption

By | April 18, 2012

Newark – Saint Lucy

By | November 5, 2011

St. Lucy’s Parish is the center for devotion to St. Gerard and houses the National Shrine of St. Gerard.

Set in a grand and spacious plaza, the Italian Renaissance facade is plain light brick, while the interior is splendidly decorated in Renaissance and Baroque motifs. Still maintaining its Italian heritage, the parish serves a growing Latino population.

The contractor was J. DiBiase and the construction was by W. H. Fissel and Co. The pews and vestment case were made by The Josephinum Church Furniture Company of Columbus, OH. Bernardini Statuary Co. fabricated the altar.

For excellent interior pictures see: http://www.ettc.net/njarts/details.cfm?ID=1383

For the fine parish website see:

http://www.saintlucy.net/home.html#