Ridgefield – Saint Matthew

By | January 22, 2012

Ramsey – Saint Paul

By | January 22, 2012

The architecture of this postmodern church has been described as “modified Gothic of contemporary design. The building, roughly cruciform, consists of a main center and angled side wings having the front of the main altar as the focal point of each wing. The octagonal tower to the left of the main entrance facade houses the baptistery at the nave floor level. The Cararra marble used in the sanctuary was cut and polished by the Gaspari Studios in Pietrasanta, Italy. The candle holders on the altar are from the former church. The tabernacle on the altar of the Blessed Virgin is from the former church.

Paramus – Annunciation

By | January 21, 2012

The church utilized the 1908 chapel of the House of Divine Providence that was destroyed by fire in 1925. The parish was originally planned to be called Resurrection by Archbishop Walsh. Shortly after becoming archbishop in 1953, Archbishop Boland changed the name to Annunciation. Profoundly devoted to the Blessed Virgin Mary, Archbishop Boland wished to name as many parishes as possible in her honor, particularly utilizing the mysteries of the Rosary.

Ho-Ho-Kus – Saint Luke

By | December 18, 2011

Oradell/New Milford – Saint Joseph

By | November 11, 2011

This church, in a modified Romanesque style, is constructed of red brick and Indiana limestone. The sanctuary walls feature variegated limestone. A singular feature of the church is that it literally is located in Oradell and in New Milford, as the building straddles the boundary line between these two towns.