East Orange – Our Lady of the Most Blessed Sacrament

By | December 29, 2011

Garfield – Most Holy Name

By | December 21, 2011

Montclair – Our Lady of Mount Carmel

By | November 11, 2011

Opened in 1939, this delightful Italian Gothic church calls itself the “Small Parish with a Big Heart.” The open nave, framed by scagliola columns,  allows an unobstructed view of the sanctuary, highlighted by a high altar of light tan Italian marbles. The soft colors of the church enhance the light of the beautiful stained glass windows.

Normally, church bells are named after saints. From their names, the bells of Mount Carmel have been “recycled.” One honors Civil War hero General Philip Kearney.

Construction by Leopold Auriemma Co; Scagliola columns by Scagliola Mfg. Co. of Union City; Ornamental plaster by Plaster Art Co.

A short video presentation of the interior can be found at:

http://www.twitvid.com/5F0F2