Phone support is now available for the SHU Mobility Pilot Program!
If you are participating in the Seton Hall University Mobility Pilot Program and have a question about your device, support is now available by calling 973.275.2222 and then selecting option 4.
Here are some tips and tricks for setting up email on the Nokia E-71 and N-97 mobile devices.
- When setting up your email@example.com email, the password required is the one that was created when activating your Live@edu account. This may not be the same as your http://piratenet.shu.edu password.
Click Here for a tutorial on how to reset your Live@edu password.
- The email application on the Nokia devices may need to have the Access Point set from the default to either Shu Campus, Shu wifi, or Internet.
To set the Access Point for your firstname.lastname@example.org email:
- E-71: select Menu, Mfe, Mail for Exc…, Options, Edit Profile, Connection, then Access Point
- N-97: select Menu, Applications, Mfe, Mail for Exc…, Options, Edit Profile, Connection, then Access Point
To set the Access Point for your Gmail email:
- E-71: select Menu, Communic., Messaging, Gmail, Options, E-mail settings, Connection settings, Incoming (and outgoing) e-mail, Access Point in use
- N-97: select Menu, Messaging, Gmail, Options, E-mail settings, Connection settings Incoming (and outgoing) e-mail, Access Point in use
Looking to access Facebook, Twitter, News sources (BBC, Washington Post, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, …) and RSS feeds on a Nokia mobile device?
Give Snaptu a try! (m.staptu.com from your mobile device)
At the 2008 Aspen Ideas Festival, Wall Street Journal columnist Walter Mossberg discussed the future of the internet and the rise of the cell phone.
In an effort to simplify the navigation and layout of the SHU Mobile Wiki, some of the content has been re-organized. Here is an overview of the changes:
- Reduction of the number of links at the top of the page
- Recommended Applications information can now be found under the Technical Details page
- Links to the SHU Mobile Wiki main page and the Recent Changes page can now be found in the side navigation area
- Student Generated Content can now be found under the Academic Projects page