Busy day. We’ve got to recap last night and look at the power rankings. Let’s get right to it.
Sabado Gigante 3 – Dracula 2
- The first half saw all the action in this one, with Sabado jumping out to a 3-1 lead. They tried to give the game away with an own goal, but Dracula couldn’t muster another goal to tie things up. Martinez had 2 goals.
This Kid Kev 4 – Veyrons 1
- 3 second half scores blew this game open as Kev cruised to victory. Lanzetta nabbed a hat-trick.
Celeste 9 – Gunners 0
- Celeste gunned down the Gunners with no problem. The Gunners are clearly overmatched in the Champions League, and the veteran Celeste squad exploited that. 3 different players scored 2 goals for Celeste as they showed they are a complete team.
Indigo Plateau 4 – ICS United 3
- ICS jumped out to a 3-1 half-time lead and looked like they were going to coast to victory. Not so fast said Indigo, as they went on a second half scoring spree with 3 goals of their own. Final score 4-3 Plateau. Olinger and Pimpinella each had 2 and Restrepo got the hat-trick for ICS.
Smokey Bandits 3 – Kangarooneys 2
- Another tight contest that was tied at the half. Smokey’s Gerlach was able to put one in the back of the net in the 2nd to take the W. Misar had both first half goals.
Stallionaires 12 – You Already Know 1
- Oof! This was just sad. nothing else to say. Essah had a double hat-trick, thats 6 goals in case You didn’t Already Know. Bright also had 4.
110th Street 2 – Ohhh Billy 2
- This was a battle of epic proportions. Great defense trumped some quality scoring opportunities, but it was a bit of unluckiness that kept this match a draw. As time was running out, 110th blasted a shot that sailed just high and hit off the crossbar, sealing the 2-2 draw.
Skulls 5 – ICS United 2
- Skulls scored the first 3 goals of the game and never looked back. 5 goals from 5 different people is an impressive feat if Mr. Hall may say so.
Zeta Psi Gold 4 – Team Natty 3
- Every time Team Natty scored Zeta Psi seemed to have an answer. 3 of those answers came from DePierri, including the game winner.
Pura Vida 4 – SP Prep Dos 1
- Slow first half, but Vida picked it up in the 2nd scoring 3 more goals to put the game out of reach. Giganti had 2 goals and an assist.
Now for the Power Rankings …
Mr. Hall had a tough time figuring these rankings out because there have been so many forfeits. Therefore I urge y’all to take these with a grain of salt because I still think it is too early (for the most part) to actually know who is for realzzzz.
3. 110th Street
4. This Kid Kev
5. Ohhh Billy
Celeste is 3-0 and just dominating people so they jump Stallionaires who have a loss, granted it was a forfeit. 110th Street also joins the rankings because they too are playing well and competing with everyone. A showdown with Celeste looms and will determine if they are a true contender.
1. PKT Quetzals
2. What Howard
3. Zeta Psi Gold
4. Phantom Limbs
5. Tai Zi
6. Fancy Footwork
7. Alpha Sigma Phi
I know 7 teams isn’t a traditional number to rank, but Mr. Hall struggled to even figure that much out. More games need to be played to sort out the mess here. All these teams are undefeated except for Zeta Psi who has a loss via forfeit, so that kind of doesn’t count.
1. Zeta Psi White
2. Mother Coose
3. Blue Falcons
Forfeits have absolutely ravaged the MLS making the selection process almost impossible. This is what Mr. Hall came up with so y’all are just going to have to accept it … for now.