Journal Of Diplomacy
- Don't miss part 1 http://t.co/o44FhDvljL and part 2 http://t.co/GMc9VKjuJ3 of @columlynch's series on the failed UN peacekeeping in Darfur
- Highly recommended read of the day: @columlynch 3-part series on UNAMID and #Darfur http://t.co/F4mrN2Lc2c #UnitedNations #R2P
- "terrorism is deterrable even if its practitioners are not." read @MaxAbrahms latest piece http://t.co/uxlM2YvJd3 cc: @prof_jwroberts
- .@JohnKerry: " Is there any member of this committee that thinks we should go 2 war over #Crimea? I dont think so.
- .@JohnKerry: "Saying our foreign policy is spinning out of control - its a good soundbite, but its just not true."
Posted on December 2, 2013 | 1 Commentby Brian Sherry Forbes handed Vladimir Putin a decisive publicity victory last month when it named him the world’s “most powerful person,” coming in ahead of Barack Obama. The magazine was most likely reacting to Putin’s diplomatic triumph over...
Posted on November 26, 2013 | No Commentsby Steven Massa On October 26, it was announced that Abdelaziz Bouteflika would be running for a fourth consecutive term as president in Algeria’s upcoming 2014 elections. This has come as something of a surprise to observers, since the president...
Posted on November 17, 2013 | 1 Commentby Brian Sherry This month the President of Venezuela, Nicolas Maduro, asked the Venezuelan Congress to give him emergency powers in order to “fight corruption and economic sabotage.” According to the Washington Post, Maduro is imitating his charismatic predecessor Hugo...
Posted on May 13, 2013 | 1 CommentBy Clare Finnegan Although often unrecognized, the end of April celebrates two days dedicated to remembering intellectual property rights, International Copyright Day (also referred to as World Book and Copyright Day) on April 23rd and World Intellectual Property Day on...
Posted on May 8, 2013 | 1 CommentBy Paulina Valero Hugo Chavez’s presence and undeniable charisma, packed with a strong ideology of social revolution and anti-west creed, quickly positioned him as one of the key players in world politics and one of Latin America’s most important political...