Journal Of Diplomacy
- Follow @GCR2P - for top news regarding #R2P and more. please RT @JournalofDiplo @shuDiplomacy @SHUDiploAlum @ziadachkar @MattS_Mitchell
- Nigeria official tells me details on date/location of release of kidnapped Boko Haram girls to be ironed out next week. Full intw next hr.
- Nigeria says it has agreed a ceasefire with Boko Haram - and 219 kidnapped girls will be freed http://t.co/rXL1sta2KC http://t.co/S2TH8ovAU4
- BREAKING: Apple Pay will launch Monday, CEO Tim Cook says. http://t.co/oWsjen8eE7 http://t.co/Q33xijd9VU
- Angola, Venezuela, New Zealand, Spain and Malaysia are the new UN Security non-permanent member states #UNSC #Diplomacy #UnitedNations
Posted on December 2, 2013 | 2 Commentsby Brian Sherry Forbes handed Vladimir Putin a decisive publicity victory last month when it named him the world’s “most powerful person,” coming in ahead of Barack Obama. The magazine was most likely reacting to Putin’s diplomatic triumph over...
Posted on November 26, 2013 | No Commentsby Steven Massa On October 26, it was announced that Abdelaziz Bouteflika would be running for a fourth consecutive term as president in Algeria’s upcoming 2014 elections. This has come as something of a surprise to observers, since the president...
Posted on November 17, 2013 | 1 Commentby Brian Sherry This month the President of Venezuela, Nicolas Maduro, asked the Venezuelan Congress to give him emergency powers in order to “fight corruption and economic sabotage.” According to the Washington Post, Maduro is imitating his charismatic predecessor Hugo...
Posted on May 13, 2013 | 1 CommentBy Clare Finnegan Although often unrecognized, the end of April celebrates two days dedicated to remembering intellectual property rights, International Copyright Day (also referred to as World Book and Copyright Day) on April 23rd and World Intellectual Property Day on...