Journal Of Diplomacy
- Thank you to all who attended our event today! We will be positing ambassador Hassan written speech on our website in the coming days.
- Social media cannot be suppressed in the long term- it's a positive tool for the Middle East, spreading transparency.
- Q and A on going right now. Do you have any questions on ISIS? Send them our way http://t.co/nf8JOKMtVx
- Personalities play a bigger role in policy making in the Middle East and Arab World than elsewhere around the world.
- Whenever the state loses its ability to impose its will over the territory, state failure is highly likely.
South America Archive
Posted on November 17, 2013 | 1 Commentby Brian Sherry This month the President of Venezuela, Nicolas Maduro, asked the Venezuelan Congress to give him emergency powers in order to “fight corruption and economic sabotage.” According to the Washington Post, Maduro is imitating his charismatic predecessor Hugo...
Posted on October 26, 2011 | No CommentsBy Laura Toledo Two weeks ago, in a rare show of bipartisan accord, Congress finally passed free trade agreements (FTAs) with Colombia, Panama and South Korea. The agreement with Colombia was by far the most controversial, given that country’s longstanding...