Journal Of Diplomacy
- #Lebanon seeking both #Qatar & #Turkey help to release soldiers kidnapped by #ISIS + Nusra . Intel meetings in Ankara http://t.co/Yq8hgAdVOi
- Obama administration is considering seeking congressional authorization for military action against ISIS. http://t.co/3TiwU6cpxc
- For a quick overview marking the 150th anniversary, watch the @ICRC video http://t.co/uJMzSdbunJ #IHL #GenevaConvention
- the 1st Geneva Convention governs the rights of the sick & wounded, the rights of humanitarian agencies, and protection of civilian.
- Today marks the 150th anniversary for the signing of the first Geneva convention in 1864.
Archive for April, 2011
Posted on April 26, 2011 | No CommentsAs NATO endeavors to synchronize the actions of European states with regard to the ongoing intervention in Libya, other events related to the revolutions of the Arab Spring are threatening to undo European unity, at least in some respects. Passport-free...
Posted on April 22, 2011 | No CommentsThe Merits of Microfinance as a Viable Solution for Poverty Alleviation On August 20, 2008, we had the unique opportunity of speaking with Dr. Jeffrey Sachs, Director of The Earth Institute. We discussed various topics related to economic development, paying...
Posted on April 20, 2011 | No CommentsThe Obama administration recently announced that it would be losing three of its key advisers for Chinese foreign policy. According to a recent article, Jeffrey A. Bader, the top China Adviser for President Obama, James B. Steinber, a deputy secretary...
Posted on April 14, 2011 | No CommentsAn area considered a critical bastion of security in Afghanistan is experiencing violent and fatal protests against foreigners in the country. This past Friday, April 1, a United Nations mission in the town of Mazar-i-Sharif was invaded by protesters. Seven...