The Sexual Assault and Violence Education (SAVE) team is identified as a group of selected students, staff, and faculty who are dedicated to educating others about intimate partner violence and its effect on individuals and the community. SAVE team members have attended a training program with SAVE of Essex County, the County Rape Care Center. All student team members are Peer Educators, who work together to accomplish the following goals:
- To provide SAVE presentations to campus community groups upon request
- To organize programs on issues related to sexual assault and violence prevention
- To provide a supportive ear as well as concrete information on a variety of issues including survivors rights and procedures for reporting the incident
- To maintain a survivor centered approach
- To help guide victims through the process of understanding and assessing their options to make their own decision
For immediate help, guidance, or support please contact SAVE of Essex County at 877-733-CARE (2273).
If you are interested in applying to become a member of the SHU Sexual Assault and Violence Education Team you can access the application form here.