Observation & Conference (O&C) Training Video for Cooperating Teachers

If you attended the on-campus orientation for Cooperating Teachers, then you will need to complete the assessment for the Observation and Conference Report.

If you were unable to attend our orientation or training sessions, please view the on-line tutorial about the Observation and Conference Report, the evaluation tool we ask you to use to assess the performance of your pre-clinical intern. After viewing the tutorial, please complete the on-line assessment through the link below so we have a record that you have completed the training. Cooperating Teachers will receive professional development hours for their work with our students, and this assessment provides evidence that you have met the minimum requirements for that professional development. (Important: hover your mouse over the embedded video below to see the controls for the video.  Once visible, you have the ability to open the video to full screen, pause, change volume levels, etc.)

Here you are able to access a PDF of the slides for the overview and training. You might find it helpful for taking notes or reviewing later in the semester: O&C PDF of Slideshow

O&C Cooperating Teacher and Clinical Supervisor Assessment

This assessment is designed to be taken by Seton Hall University Cooperating Teachers and Clinical Supervisors after they have finished watching the Observation & Conference Report (O&C) Overview video training.  If you have any questions or difficulties with the video or assessment, please contact the Office of Clinical Experiences and Applied Research at 973-761-9179.

You must specify a text.
You must specify a text.

If you have any questions or problems with the videos or assessments, please contact the Office of Clinical Experiences and Applied Research at 973-761-9347 or at cehsfieldoffice@shu.edu.

Tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Observation & Conference (O&C) Training Video for Cooperating Teachers

1. Karen Grove says:

Thank you for your feedback. We have responded in an email. We look forward to hearing back from you.

2. Tagen says:

The Standards and Grading scale were very helpful, however, I did find a few questions and choices to be confusing and missing from the video. I even went back through and couldn’t find definitive answers. Is there a key so we may know what you are looking for?

3. Allison Smith says:

Interesting video. I am looking forward to working with my student teacher this semester. I’m excited to show him all the great ways to teach students.

4. Lori Perona says:

I feel the video tutorial should include either a ppt file or other type document to accompany it as it details so much information needed to effectively evaluate the intern.

5. Jessica Frayne says:

A bit confusing for first-time cooperating teachers.

6. Karen Grove says:

I know you have seen the hard copy by now. I like the suggestion to post the PPT outside of the presentation. Thank you for the feedback!

7. Jennifer Aguiar says:

The video is very informative but I would prefer a power point (either online or a physical document) that I can refer back to when doing my observations.

8. Susan says:

While informative, I will most certainly be needing a copy in front of me while preparing my assessment to ensure a proper evaluation

9. Karen Grove says:

Abby, thank you for your feedback. The support and mentorship by our cooperating teachers is an invaluable part of our teacher candidates’ preparation. Thank you for taking the time to complete the video and assessment.

10. A. Debevoise says:

A few questions were ambiguous and I am a NJ certified supervisor and principal. I felt the questions relating to the standards were good and that’s what I am looking for when I make my observations as a school leader. Wondering if the focus of the quiz should be on the standards and not on # of times students are observed/evaluated. # 9 was unclear–I want to observe a teacher who understands learning and cultural differences.

11. Karen Grove says:

As indicated in a response to the other post, this training is in the process of being revised. We apologize for any confusion and thank you for your feedback.

12. Karen Grove says:

I apologize for the confusion. This training is in the process of being revised (just as the CCI one was last semester) to more closely align the quiz to the training. It should be back up by the end of January.

13. M.P. says:

I agree that these questions were very difficult to understand. I have done it multiple times and still not scoring well. The other questions to the first video were much better. The questions should be more straight forward and match the video.

14. Lore Walsh says:

The way some of these questions were worded were a bit unclear. What is being assessed here? If it is to see that we watched the video or understood the information, than I think the questions and answers should be more straight forward. You used one set of terms for the video and other for the questions. For example, question 3 – letter B should include the word Most or letter A has the words goals. Very confusing?