The Doubloon Hunt Is On!

As part of the Pirate Adventure for the incoming freshman class, there are 31 doubloons scattered around on SHU’s website waiting to be clicked. Find a doubloon, click on it and earn the point in your badges account.  Find enough and you’ll earn these step-up or “composite” badges (our technical term for them here at the TLTC).

The Pieces of Eight badge can be earned by collecting any eight.  The Treasure Seeker badge is the next stop at twenty.  Only the best of you will earn the Doubloon Hunter badge when you’ve collected all 31 out there waiting for you.

As an added bonus, if you collect all 31, you’ll be entered into a drawing for Pirate’s Gold.  The randomly selected winner will earn $200 added to their Pirate’s Gold account.  The randomly selected second and third place finishers will each be awarded $50 in Pirate’s Gold.

The satisfaction of finding all 31 doubloons, plus badges, plus the shot at Pirate’s Gold all for just searching the website and learning about important SHU services?  Heck, we’ll even give you hints to get started.  Who comes up with things like this?  We do, and that’s why you’ve made the right decision in coming to Seton Hall.  Let the Hunt begin!

Pieces of Eight

Pieces of Eight

Treasure Seeker

Doubloon Hunter

31 thoughts on “The Doubloon Hunt Is On!

1. Tom McGee Post author

The drawing for the winners will happen shortly after everyone is back on campus, later this month.

2. cheee

I found all of them and when i clicked on the 2nd doubloon it says that i already have it but it wont show up in my Doubloon Hunt list on my account… do i still get credit even though i can see it on my list?

3. Briana Glass

I still can’t find 31, i’ve looked on the communicate, collaborate, and contribute website and every link associated with it. Any other advice?

4. Cynthia

Thank you so much! I wasn’t if It had to be turned in to get the doubloon or if it was located with next to the .pdf file online somewhere.

5. Cynthia

The last one I need is number 16? Can someone help? I feel silly because it’s probably super easy.

6. Tom McGee Post author

#31 had taken a brief leave of absence, and #27 had strayed from its regular place. But both have returned and are waiting for you to find them.

7. Tom McGee Post author

There’s a program that runs every hour that awards them. Since you posted, they’ve already been put into your account!

8. Tom McGee Post author

OK. Remember, you’ll be graded on the curve. And you’ll have to make a second click to get there.

9. Hannah

There really must be something wrong with me… I can’t find the second one at all… I feel like it’s easy.. but I’ve done everything with advisers, guidance, counselors…. D’:

10. Ithamar

Haha same here. Its the 27th I cant find but the “seasick” makes me think Hardware Repair or Service Desk but cant find one there. I think you can definitely find the 2nd one!

11. Tom McGee Post author

It’s meant to be cryptic 😉

Once you figure it out, you’ll understand…

12. Chris

I’m not sure 27 is on the website, I feel there may be a mistake in programming. I’ve gotten all but 27 as well